body{ text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(150, 150, 150, 1); }

21 Aug 2016

David Cornwall "You`Are My Woman"1977 US Private Heavy Rock


David Cornwall "You`Are My Woman"1977 US Private Heavy Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZBh7e4_AI&feature=share

David Cornwall's a complete mystery to me. I've poked around on the web looking for some biographical information. He doesn't show up on Discogs, or Popsike. There's an entry from him in Rate Your Music, but until I added these comments, there wasn't any narrative material on the artist. 

Based on the slim liner notes found on his 1977 Album World release, here's what I can tell you about the man and his 1977 album "You're My Woman". 

- Cornwall had a decent, if slightly anonymous voice. 
- He seemed to have a penchant for '60s flavored MOR pop tunes. 
- He didn't write any of the ten tracks. 
- Sam Weatherly (who released his own Album World LP), produced, engineered, and arranged the album. 

I'd love to tell you this was a lost classic tax scam release. It wasn't. Showcasing Cornwall's pleasant voice, most of the album was devoted to forgettable '60s and '70s MOR pop. Tracks like 'You Are my Woman' and 'Making Love at the Pleasure Faire' weren't bad with a distinctive '60s summer of love pop-psych flavor. Anyone who liked bands like The Association would probably enjoy most of the set. And that made the two S. Arbuckle tunes such a surprise. 'Any Other Day' and '' shed the pop influences for hard-edged, fuzz guitar powered rockers. These two tunes were soooooooooo different you were left to wonder if it really was the same artist. Shame the rest of the album didn't follow the same path. For what it's worth, in standard tax scam style, Album World managed to get the track listing all screwed up. The sequence shown in the liner notes wasn't even close to the actual running order....Bad Cat...~

Track listing 

She Sleeps Alone 2:27 
Any Other Day 2:58 
You're My Woman 2:47 
I Cannot Promise You Today 2:57 
Take a Little Time 3:00 
My Lady 2:45 
Getting Older 3:18 
Making Love at the Pleasure 3:20 
MacArthur Park 3:22 
Gimme Some Love 2:40 

johnkatsmc5, welcome music..

volume

volume

Fuzz

Fuzz

Analogue

Analogue

Cassette Deck

Cassette Deck

vinyl

vinyl